This CBD-infused shrimp avocado toast is ideal for Valentine’s Day.
Stories Leandra Romero
They say the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach. If that’s the case, Chef Jeshua Garza’s CBD-infused shrimp avocado toast is the perfect meal to melt hearts this Valentine’s Day. The combination of the spicy citrus arbol marinade dripping off the shrimp onto a charred smoky sweet corn and salty queso will have mouths watering and taste buds working overtime.
For the marinade
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unflavored CBD oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 arbol chilies (or 1 tablespoon crushed red chili flakes)
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 lemons, zest
- 1 grapefruit, zest (reserve juice)
For the toast
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ear yellow corn
- 1 loaf artisan sourdough
- 2 small Hass avocados
- 1 package queso fresco
- 1 bunch cilantro
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the oils and add all marinade ingredients.
- Cook 5 minutes on low to fuse flavors. Let cool.
- Toss shrimp and marinade in a large Ziploc bag. Set in refrigerator to marinade, the longer the better.
- Coat corn in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill until it has a nice char on it. Cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- While the grill is still on, cut artisan loaf in ¾ inch slices, rub olive oil on both sides, and season with salt and pepper. Grill both sides until golden brown.
- Heat a sauté pan and sear shrimp for about 1 minute per side.
- Pour grapefruit juice over shrimp to deglaze pan.
- Slice avocado and place it on toast.
- Use a fork to smash the avocado. Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add five shrimp to the toast.
- Top with corn and queso fresco. Garnish with cilantro leaves.